Well, suffice it to say that they don't call Washington the Evergreen State for nothing. Upon our arrival at Cascade Park, we hiked all around to see the beauty of this park. Indeed, it is stunning -- very lush and green. In fact, I kept telling Senrac that we were in Avatar (and I whispered more than once "I see you"). The ground is soft and grassy, not much like other places we have lived since leaving Indiana. Many kinds of ferns and the trees are covered with moss -- so much so that I tried to tell a few of my grandkids that they were "fur" trees.
We arrived Thursday evening, May 27th and spent Friday setting up housekeeping in our beloved 5th wheel. By the way, it was raining. We started early Saturday morning learning our official duties here at the park. Umm, it was still raining. Sunday, our records were read into the Granite Falls Ward and we were the newest members. It rained that day too. In fact, I started keeping track on Nana's Planner of the rainy days when I realized two things: 1. it would be easier to wait for a sunny day and note that on the planner, and 2. looking at page after page after page of "rained again" was just plain depressing. Honestly, I am one who Needs sunshine. I found myself saying to my sweet hubby each morning with rain hitting our roof, "Oh great, another day in paradise." That's was just prior to sitting across the table from him and crying into my Cheerios. He is a very patient and tolerant man.
Can you believe that it rained every day (I mean truly every single stinking day!!!!) from when we arrived until ... Sammi and Danni were both scheduled to come here for a visit so I started to pray that maybe just maybe we could have one day or even part of one day without rain while they were here. Sure enough, it rained every single day from May 27th til June 23rd and it did not rain the day they were here!! Thanks, Heavenly Father. Now that we are at the end of July, I must report that it quit raining while the girls were here and has not rained since. Oh such crazy weather!?!?



how's the saying go? "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain?" Maybe you just need to learn a good sun dance . . . (but be sure to take pictures of it!!)
ReplyDeleteI miss you!
ReplyDelete